This is an old revision of the document!
Road to 2.0.0
- Drop GTK2
- Separate form and function (GUI code to one file, functional code to another)
- Handle multiple monitors more gracefully (https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter/+bug/1070659, https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter/+bug/1268099, https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter/+bug/1270642)
- Consider adding support for changing the keyboard-layout (even without using indicator-keyboard, https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter/+bug/1240569)
- Make the stuff that are currently menuitems in the panel (language, session, system, a11y) buttons, so that hover-styles are supported
- Better yet: find out why in a normal panel, hovering indicators shows the hover-effect
- Consider implementing using GtkOverlays… Single overlay with the wallpaper as the base, panel and window above. (and drop the draw callbacks)
- Conditionally use the listview widget over the combobox if there are more than X users.
- Or implement something new that is combobox-esque. Maybe with GtkMenuButton or GtkPopovers
- Add a way to add drop-shadows to the windows
- Consider adding the window-frame style-class to the login-window, so it looks like a normal gtk-window (can still be overridden by theming the widget by name)
- Support alternative layouts? [hostname][expander][clock][expander][indicators]