This is an old revision of the document!
MenuLibre is an advanced FreeDesktop.org-compliant menu editor. Powered by the same technologies as Alacarte, MenuLibre has a clear focus on usability and does not cater to a specific desktop environment.
MenuLibre was developed with both average and power users in mind, and provides easy access to all documented desktop entry settings. To briefly summarize what MenuLibre is capable of:
- Add applications, directories, and separators to the menu layout.
- Quickly re-order menu items to make it your own.
- Modify all desktop entry fields.
- Add/Modify Unity Actions (Quicklists) which are used in Ubuntu's Unity desktop environment as well as Plank in elementaryOS.
- Tooltips offer hints about each setting to make editing a breeze.
- GTK+ 3.2 or above.
- Glib 2.32 or above.
- Gio 2.28 or above.
- gnome-menus (>= 3.5.3)
- gir1.2-gmenu-3.0 (>= 3.5.3)
- Python 3
- python3-gi (>= 3.0)